Blog Archive

Friday, May 24, 2013

{ Five days in the hospital }

Friday evening Michael took me to the ER. This was our third time to the Er in the past two weeks because each time my issues were not resolved. They took things more seriously this time and admitted me to the hospital by 6am Saturday. Since I was still in the hospitalon Monday of my scheduled biopsy, they managed to get it switch so they could perform it at New Palomar Health. 


My symptoms of dehydration, vomiting, constipation, fatigue were not easily remedied. But the Doctor at the hospital was insisting on discharging me on Tuesday even though I had barely improved. I argued with the doctor insisting that had they not ignored me the first two times to the ER that perhaps I wouldn't be here  third time. It was very frustrating.

 My own oncologist came to visit me on Wednesday and he insisted that the new growths are growing rapidly and must be treated as soon as possible. The doctor rushed the pathologist to get as much info from the specimens in my back right shoulder blade tumor. He scheduled for a Out patient treatment the next day in San Marcos. So  If I feel well enough to get discharged He wanted me there in the morning to start a new chemo regimen. I was discharged at Wed. 10:30pm.

Thursday Karen took me to San Marcos and I was given a short chemotherapy. It's an entirely new chemo drug. The oncologist said the cells were blue and goring quickly. I have lost so much weight in past two weeks, that the my oncologist  is concerned that if he gives me too much at once, the chemo could kill me. I'm down to 83 lbs.

Pray that I will not only regain my appetite but that my digestive organs would corporate to receive food and liquid intake. I'm in desperate need to gain calories but my stomach is still quite sensitive and have shrunk in size, I can't fit much. Each meal I can fit about half a kids side meal portion.
The result of biopsy is that the cancer is similar to lung cancer and contains neuro-endocrine cells. (Not sure what that means but for those medical folks who are reading this.) The primary has still not been figured out.

4 comments:

  1. We're praying for your appetite Pearl and that you start to feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all praying for you Pearl! Hope you can eat little by little and gain your strength and weight back ~.~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pearl, listen to this hymn. Don't worry, you belong to The Lord. :)Things that once were wild alarms
    Cannot now disturb my rest;
    Closed in everlasting arms,
    Pillowed on the loving breast.
    Oh, to lie forever here,
    Doubt and care and self resign,
    While He whispers in my ear,
    I am His, and He is mine.

    Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/nt/284#ixzz2UZZRbq7v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and praying for you, precious sister. standing with you with our Lord Jesus

    ReplyDelete