Blog Archive

Saturday, February 16, 2013

{ February Chemotherapy Update }

February 16th

I had my fourth chemotherapy yesterday. It's actually round 2 of 4 in this second chemotherapy treatment. Miriam took me to my appointment at the Chemo suite in San Marcos Kaiser. The intravenous part went well, the next 10 days I will have to take etopiside pills. On Thursday my oncologist gave me strict orders to take the full pill regimen for the chemo. Plus he isn't that I take pepcid ac for my recent upset stomach issues. ( I really did not agree with this because I am positive its not just heart burn that was wrong with me and I really don't think its helps but am complying with the dr request). He also told me to take my anti-nausea pills and do everything to eat better and keep the pills down. He reminded us of my prognosis and said that if this past round of chemo did not work to its fullest potential that the "best case scenario" he gave may not be. Michael came with me to see the oncologist this time and despite the depressing news we don't want to believe the doctor's view but we still look to the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and Healer. We believe if it is His will He will prolong my days. 

Today, Saturday, I feel pretty good this morning. I have been eating a simple breakfast of oatmeal with fruits each morning for the past few days following the upset stomach issue last week. This has helped. I have aversions to most meats and certain food smell are repelling. I have pretty much stuck to fresh fruits and veggies lately. My body doesn't seem to want anything else.

Thank you all for your continued support, food supply and countless prayers!
My love to all of you! God Bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pearl and Michael,

    We are encouraged by your faith in the Lord and in His loving heart toward us, and also by your steadfastness in keeping us updated through this blog. This is a real caring for the Body!

    The Luckhardts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pearl -

    I'm a friend of Priscilla's, and I just wanted you to know that I am thinking about you and yours through your journey.

    I wish you peace and health.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete