Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

{ Recent Symptoms, Therapies and Food Intake }


After my last chemotherapy treatment, I had about the same side effects as the previous times. I was nauseous as usual and had shin pains. I was a bit more tired than previous times and had to take many naps throughout the day. The first Monday was a bad day and I threw up everything I had eaten that day and did not eat my pills for that day. But the rest of the week I was able to take them. Monday April 1st I threw up again. I think it was something bad that I ate and it wasn't sitting well in my stomach.

Today I have to see my chiropractor again. My back has been in so much pain I cannot sleep at all. I had to take tylenol for the past two nights, otherwise I cannot rest. Hopefully he can correct the stuck joint in my sacral bones area. This pain is affecting my whole right leg when I sit, walk, stand…I get pain on my thighs or zaps in my toes. Sometimes pain in my mid back or neck.

I ate very little food today. A small scoop of rice cereal and some honeydew melon. I have tried to eat some meat since my chemo pills ended. However, I really cannot stand meats anymore. Including fish. Even the smell of oils or greasy foods are repulsive.

I have been more hungry lately but unfortunately am at a loss as to how to eat more calories when most things are repulsive to my body. I have tried to force myself to eat eggs, peanut butter and meats but I will likely spit it back out after a bite. I have tried super powders  intensely packed with nutrients but they can be overwhelming in my digestive tract. I have tried probiotics which has not proven to help me digest anything. It's very frustrating at the moment what will work and trying different methods in between chemo sessions is also hard. I don't want anything to conflict with each other. My oncologist says as long as it doesn't give me additional side effects.

Thus far I find that trying to make my body more alkaline is the way to go. It's as if my physical body is telling  me what to do. Because it refuses to ingest meats, junk foods, etc. Everyday I have some various kinds of fruit and some vegetables.

All of this has been weighing on me. It is quite exhausting and has been difficult to stay positive or be happy.

I feel weaker in many ways. But everyday is different. Some days I feel great and the afternoon comes and I feel terrible. The good thing was for two Fridays I was able to attend the Bible Study Meeting. It was good to see some of the saints.

Hopefully, I can gain more weight, increase appetite, eat the proper foods and digest it properly to nourish my body. April 12th is my last round of this chemotherapy. I really want it to be over after that but according to my doctor I have a .0001% chance to find a cure.

Another thing, we are planning to have another Pet scan done of my torso to get a clearer picture of how much the chemo has effected the growth of the cancer and to potentially find a primary. If they can find a primary then they can more effectively treat my condition. Pray for this second Pet scan at the end of April.

I need your prayers.

5 comments:

  1. We are always thinking of and praying for you Pearl! Please try to think positive and find things that cheer you up. We'll see you very soon!

    Love,
    Cindy+Yogi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up Pearl! The saints stand with you and we will keep praying for you. We miss you!

    Lots of love,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our dear Pearl,

    Thank you for the recent update. I don't think most of us can really understand what you and Michael are going through but just to hear from you is so supplying to us. We are members one of another and the fresh supply is in the Body.

    You have a good and strong spirit. Keep going. On our side we cooperate the best we can and on His side, He works all things for His will. We love you much and support you during this recovery time.

    Brian and Melody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and praying for the Lords will to be done.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, dear Pearl, we stand with you and your strong spirit. The Lord who loves you is on the throne, caring for you. You are not alone, we are praying for you.

    The Luckhardts

    ReplyDelete