Blog Archive

Friday, April 12, 2013

{ Last round of Chemo and future tests }


Today I had my fourth round of chemotherapy and preferably my last one. We spoke with my oncologists about chemo on Wednesday and he decided to change the chemo back to the original one that I had to avoid the extra side effects from the new third drug. This is what he thinks is preventing me from eating more and gaining weight. I have lost more weight. On friday morning I was 94lbs. This has been my lowest weight with chemo.

This past week or so I have been able to eat more variety of things and meat. Not sure how much longer that will last. So I have been trying to just eat more quantity of food just to fatten up. But after today we will have to see how long that last and if this chemo will affect my tastebuds.

We discussed different avenues to pursue following my last chemo. At the end of the month we have schedule another PET scan to see how the cancer has taken the chemo and possibly hope that if the cancer cells have shrunk we can determine a primary. And we have spoken about a possible biopsy in a different region. If perhaps the cancer in my abdomen and pelvic area are a different cancer from that of the lymph node. And that would explain why maybe the cancer is shrinking in some places and growing in others despite chemotherapy.

I have a number of appointments forthcoming, please pray for all of this.

1 comment:

  1. Because our destiny is in the Lord's hand,there is no reason for us to be afraid of anything.
    Taken from emanna 04/17/13

    ReplyDelete