Blog Archive

Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st



My health has not improved very much since admittance last Saturday 6am. It has been a slow progress. Eating solid foods has improved but the quantity is very minimal. Constipation, nausea, and vomiting is still the norm but lessened. I'm on a lot of medications. MRI to brain revealed new growths, therefore oncologist has placed me back on steroids. The 3rd type chemo doesn't appear to be working. The biopsies area tumor has grown larger and yet there're is still more deeper within the body.

I received saline IV, potassium and one blood transfusion this past week at New Palomar hospital. Since my health has not progressed as they hoped they are keeping me in longer. But expect to discharge me next days. I saw my oncologist this morning to discuss how to treatment continue.

The health professionals are concerned that I'm alone and not getting the needed care or nutrition at home. Michael is always working and doesn't get to hospital till 8pm or later. Most days at home alone I'm left to fend for myself. Due to my Increase in weakness and meds Brain growth, I'm limited in activities. Simply opening a water bottle can be stressful or impossible for me. They are arranging home health for me but they visit only once a week. So what can be done the rest of the time?

Pray for us. I feel weaker each day and can not refuse pain meds anymore. Sleep escapes me.

Pearl

6 comments:

  1. Christ has come to be life, the processed divine Trinity...Oh, I've got rivers of life flowing out of my innermost being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Pearl...Please stay strong in your faith and think only of the beautiful moment when you see Jesus..he is there for you Pearl. I saw the Passion of Christ again recently and cried when I saw how they beat him and tortured him but he endured all the pain, the torture and the loneliness he felt in his final hours on earth because he loved us so much. Jesus went through hell and conquered death for you Pearl and for all of us. He will be there for you when you are ready Pearl and for that I feel so happy...I don't simply believe it Pearl I know it. Do not fear anything Pearl. God knows your heart is true and soon you'll feel the loving arms of Jesus around you. I'm happy for you dear sister...Rejoice in Christ Pearl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the proper, full-time care for you while you rest at home. We love you dear Pearl and even when you feel alone please remember there are saints far and wide praying for you. Love from a sister in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some enjoyment from Life-Study of Genesis:
    Gen18:32 ...I will not destroy it because of ten.
    "Abraham was disappointed... there must have been at least ten people in Lot's family,..." (p.684)

    Although Abraham was disappointed, he did not stop there. He continued offering proper intercession echoed the desire of God's heart concerning Lot. His intercession uttered what God is speaking. May we all stand firm, stay in the presence of God, exercise our spirit to intercede for our sister without ceasing until God remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't lose hope for you Pearl. Though the outward situation seems dark, yet we all persevere in prayer for you. Much love and grace as you rest and recover. Please continue to update us.

    The Lord grant you today's supply of grace.

    We stand in prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pearl, how are you doing? Please update us.

    ReplyDelete