Blog Archive

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Most Recent Update


After returning back from the hospital about 2 weeks ago, local church sisters have been nursing me back to health with lovely homemade stocks, soups and congee. I still cannot eat too much at a time. Small frequent meals are best. I was able to put down the new chemo pills after my discharge from  the hospital. So that is good. Bad news is it doesn't seem to reduce size of any tumor growth (on back or abdomen). Radiation localized to those areas may be the only way to remove it. They grow rapidly. Feels like a apricot pit in my back where I had the biopsy done. We are moving forward with radio-surgio consult hopefully as soon as next Fri.Jun21.
Between my pills and the next session of pills, its just eat eat eat and kept digestive health up.
Need to gain as much calories as I can to repair body till next session.
That's the update.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are eating more Pearl and we are praying for you. Today is Friday and that's the day that thousands of us pray on the Coast to Coast prayer list that you are on too. Hope you start to feel even better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sister,
    I have been praying for you very much. The Lord reminds me and I pray. Praise the Lord for His flow in the Body! I am so glad the sisters there are feeding you nourishing food. I wish I could be there to help you practically, too, but Gary and I are standing with you in spirit,
    In Christ
    Laura Schifris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pearl...Hope you're feeling better? Are you eating a bit more? Praying for you tonight...that you continue to feel better!

    ReplyDelete