Blog Archive

Sunday, November 25, 2012

{ Update of Pearl's Condition, Sunday Nov. 25th, 2012 }

On Wednesday before chemo I was not feeling well and vomited water.

Again, before entering the Kaiser bldg that morning I threw up again. I knew I was probably dehydrated but I could not even take a sip of water without throwing up.
Despite this I still went through with the scheduled chemotherapy .
They gave me plenty of fluids prior to chemo and I seemed to be doing well, so they continued as scheduled.

On Thursday, I took my six pills for chemo at home. This day went Fine. On Friday, I woke up with a headache and took some anti nausea pills but this did not help. I threw up anything I ate or drank. I was not able to take even one chemo pill that day. I took anti nausea and nausea pills and vomited those pills.

Friday at eleven pm, Michael and my mother took me to the ER at Palomar Health Center.
After administering bags of fluids via IV , with anti nausea meds and having little improvement the ER dr decided to admit me into the hospital.
We waited till about 6:30 am Sat. before a room opened up.

I spent all of Saturday, and part of Sunday at the hospital. They took an xray of my chest, ran blood tests and labs and monitored me.

I was able to eat food and keep it down from Saturday breakfast time.
They thought my symptoms are probably just effects of the chemotherapy and not a bug.

On Sunday, the doctor thought my blood count was low and wanted to give me a blood transfusion. I was very worried about this. So he said he would retest me after lunch to see if there was any improvement. I quickly texted some sisters who prayed for me. And prayed also. After lunch my blood pressured had increase and my platelets increased slightly. But this was enough for the doctor to decide not to give me a blood transfusion.

I was released around 5 pm Sunday.
The doctor told me to be in contact with my oncologist and have labs done on Monday to check my blood count.
The nurses instructed me to keep hydrated and be aware of slight changes in symptoms and be in contact with my doctors so that this doesn't happen again.

Also, for visitors who have a slight cold or think they are getting better from a cold, it is best not to visit me until you are healthy.

Thanks,

Pearl Lee

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pearl,

    Thank you for post - am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I enjoyed singing this hymn recently, it made me appreciate our destiny, which is to be filled with the Lord :).

    Though the world may promise me more,
    I'm just made to be filled with the Lord.
    Doesn't matter how rich or successful I'd be,
    Or how many pleasures be offered to me.
    There's nothing that compares to my destiny—
    To be thoroughly filled with the Lord.

    In my heart I've heard the Lord's call,
    Just to follow Him absolutely.
    Though the path may be holding
    Much joy or much pain,
    What matters is that more of Him I would gain,
    Regardless what happens,
    I never would change.
    'Cause I'm made to be filled with the Lord.
    Yes, I'm made to be filled with the Lord.

    Miss you and take care!

    ReplyDelete