Blog Archive

Friday, January 11, 2013

{ Blood transfusion and hospital update }

January 9th my labs revealed that my hemoglobin and platelet count was very low. My oncologist told me to go to ER at New Palomar Hospital and get a blood transfusion. In the middle of the night I received two bags of blood. The transfusion completed around 3 am January 10th. Retest on blood levels revealed that both my hemoglobin and platelet count doubled. However it's still low. But in a more stable range.


January 10th, I have a slight fever at 99.3 degrees. They found my potassium levels to be extremely low so they had to give me potassium orally and intravenously. This was kinda painful. I'm also still on oxygen since being admitted to hospital. So they kept me in the hospital.

Today January 11th, they are doing a full blood work. Due to my cough that's lasted over a week, they have done a nasal squab this morning to test for influenza or any infections. In general I feel pretty weak. My body is tired. And sometimes I feel I can't stay positive. But this morning a song came to me.

"All things are possible when you believe. Faith moves the hand of God. Faith in His living word. All things are possible when you believe."

Matt. 19:26b
Jesus said to them, with man this is impossible but with God all things are possible."

Pray for me.

Pearl

2 comments:

  1. Praying, Pearl! For faith and strength to you!

    Love,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  2. The transfusion completed around 3 am medical Autoclave January 10th. Retest on blood levels revealed that both my hemoglobin and platelet count doubled.

    ReplyDelete