Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

After the ER and Pet Scan Today




Hi everyone,
I was only in the ER for one night. I was discharged on Saturday afternoon. The blood transfusions were successful and saline IV helped with my dehydration. After I ate some breakfast at the hospital and the attending doctor came to review my case. He presented only some theories based on the CT Scan we did in the ER. I did not have appendicitis which was good news. However, my pains and vomiting were still a mystery. They told us that there is one particular lymph node that was 4 cm significantly larger than the other swollen ones. They said that can be a sign of infection. But it was on my left side and not the right side where the pain was.

He prescribed me stool softener and discharged me. His guess was that the dehydration, lack of food intake and the clusters of swollen lymphs in my pelvis was the culprit to pain.
Anyways, after returning home I still threw up again on Sunday. Monday morning I was on a fast because I had a Pet scan scheduled. The Pet scan went well. But right after I also threw up again. Too much stomach acid and I was very hungry by then. Especially since I threw up everything I had for dinner the night before.
I'm being very picky now with food intake and quantity. Just because my stomach has been so upset lately and we don't really know why. But I need to eat or I get extremely weak and can barely do much. Pray for this. We should know the results in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment